社区 development and sectoral growth can only be supported and maintained by having the right skills available in sufficient numbers.
As part of the Data Driven Innovation initiative, the University of Edinburgh will play a pivotal role in strengthening our graduates’ skills. 超过十年, the university and its partners will train 100,000 people in the application of data across major sectors, ensuring Scotland has a future-proof workforce who are ready to face any challenge. A key component to this is the university’s School of Informatics, the largest European centre of its kind with over 450 academic and research staff and 850 students. 它拥有强大的人才库, educating undergraduate and postgraduate students via a wide range of courses including artificial intelligence, 认知科学, 计算语言学, computer science and software engineering.
Our digital technologies industry has a highly skilled workforce but we need many more people to join the growing businesses across the sector. Encouraging an increasing number to pursue careers in technology is essential.
ScotlandIS leads the campaign for skills for our industry, helping to build the future 人才 pipeline. Working with partners across industry and the public sector we have helped with the development of the ICT & Digital Technologies 技能 Investment Plan, published in 2014. This provides a long-term plan to tackle a number of key issues:
Working with partners across industry and the public sector we have helped with the development of the ICT & Digital Technologies 技能 Investment Plan, published in 2014. This provides a long-term plan to tackle a number of key issues:
- Sector attractiveness – to promote the breadth of interesting highly paid roles to young people, 转行者
- Ensuring the education system meets industries needs including:
- Revitalising the teaching of computing and digital technologies at schools, to develop a stronger pipeline of young people choosing digital technologies careers, 学徒课程, 大专及以上学历.
- Delivering the e-Placementmgm集团美高梅 programme in partnership with our universities to give students valuable real work experience before they qualify
- Ensuring the development of high-level specialist skills through our work with innovation centres such as DataLab
- Broadening access routes into the industry through a wider range of apprenticeships, and new initiatives such as the new digital skills academy, CodeClan由ScotlandIS建立.
The digital technologies industry is truly global, serving markets around the world. To design and build products and services for global citizens and businesses our industry benefits from a diverse workforce.
ePlacement Scotland has created over 1,800 placement opportunities. 成立于2010年, the programme matches firms in the technology sector with students and helps to address the skills shortage in the sector and improve student employability.
CodeClan plays a leading role in accelerating Scotland’s progress in building a high-performing digital economy. Its role is to retrain and reskill ambitious and motivated people to enter the digital world
Digital Xtra Fund is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) that supports the delivery of extra-curricular computing and digital activities to young people, 16岁及以下, 在mgm集团美高梅. It specifically seeks to improve participation of girls and underrepresented groups in digital, dispel negative perceptions about computing science and promote digital as an attractive career path.
To meet the increasing demand for people with world class skills in computing and the pace of change within the industry, it is essential that our colleges and universities ensure college leavers and graduates have the right blend of technical and interpersonal skills for the modern workforce.